- The latest version of MP3ext is V3.4b23, and available here for download.
- fixed crashes of explorer
- fixed automatic unicode saving for similar characters e.g. strings with '``n' would have been saved as 'n'
- if you don't have CP1252 as your locale, then saving chars which are not included in the iso-8859-1 Codepage could be saved as ascii. This would cause trouble when loading the tag on machines which have a different codepage. Since this is a common behavior of other programs, you have the option to specify, if you want to save correct in unicode if necessary, or in the default locale. (on the config page)
I actually didn't wanted to continue on mp3ext, but these two bugs had to be fixed:
- big compressed frames could cause mp3ext (and the explorer) to crash, due to a stack overflow.
- unknown tags weren't preserved when editing and saving the ID3v2 tag
Mostly bugfixes in this version. No critical bugs though.
- fixed context help
- fixed iconhandler not showing custom icons
- fixed padding updated tags
- fixed up/down in template-editor
- fixed cache update
- added new column "Taginfo"
I just found this passage in a faq (http://wwws.musicmatch.com/faq/TAG008.htm) on MusicMatch:
My comment for this is:
Some tag editors are known to create corrupt ID3 tags that prevent MUSICMATCH Jukebox from being able to correctly read the tags.
Some tag editor crash on invalid ID3 tags.
Well, standalone-programs are not too critical when they crash, just the app will be gone. Well be sure that I'll fix a bug immediatly , if I get a report for a crash. It seems to me, that Musicmatch is a perfect Windows application ...
Finally I made all the necessary things:
- V3.4 is finished, introducing a ColumnHandler.
- added a theme with the old icons
- I went through all the themes I got, and created a new Themes II-page.
- Just a little more testing, and version 3.4 is finished. Here is a screenshot of the new ColumnHandler, so you can take a look at it. (You can see my first MP3 there too. :-))
- Version 3.4 is almost ready. But now my Motherboard crashed. So I have to reinstall my system, which will take a while. I added the last Shell-Interface: The ColumnHandler.
- Added the sources for version 3.3b19. It's available on the download page.
- a minor update. Fixed the mpeg2/layer3 bitrates, and changed the colors of the default icons. So don't get too confused if e.g. the 112kb-icon is now yellow. I made this, so the higher bitrates can be better distinguished.
>> Back to the main page <<